On this day The Beatles gave their 121st lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. This was also the 36th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 207th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Wrigley Field, Chicago
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: FedEx Field, Washington
- 1971: Live: The Concert For Bangla Desh
- 1969: Recording: Because
- 1968: Recording: Hey Jude
- 1967: George and Pattie Harrison fly to Los Angeles
- 1966: Interview: David Frost At The Phonograph
- 1965: Television: Blackpool Night Out
- 1963: Radio: Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.