The Beatles’ 87th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was also the 36th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 208th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including the lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Wrigley Field, Chicago
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: FedEx Field, Washington
- 1971: Live: The Concert For Bangla Desh
- 1969: Recording: Because
- 1968: Recording: Hey Jude
- 1967: George and Pattie Harrison fly to Los Angeles
- 1966: Interview: David Frost At The Phonograph
- 1965: Television: Blackpool Night Out
- 1963: Radio: Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.