This was The Beatles’ 26th of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2020: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr pay tribute to Little Richard
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Governador Plácido Castelo, Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Monumental, Lima, Peru
- 1969: Paul McCartney performs on Steve Miller’s My Dark Hour
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back album inserts
- 1969: UK album release: Unfinished Music No.2: Life With The Lions by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: UK album release: Electronic Sound by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording: Untitled
- 1966: Recording: For No One
- 1965: The Beatles watch Bob Dylan perform in London
- 1965: Filming: Help! – various scenes around London
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.