On this day The Beatles gave their 100th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 165th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening performances.
Also on this day...
- 1973: John Lennon and Yoko Ono announce the conceptual country Nutopia
- 1970: Mixing, editing: The Long And Winding Road, I Me Mine, Across The Universe
- 1965: Mixing: You’re Going To Lose That Girl
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Azena Ballroom, Sheffield
- 1962: Live: Pavilion Theatre, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.