Studio Two (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Norman Smith
While The Beatles were filming at Twickenham Film Studios, a mono mix and three new stereo mixes of ‘You’re Going To Lose That Girl’ was created at EMI Studios in London in an hour-long session.
This was the second set of mixes of the song to be made, following previous attempts on 23 February 1965, before extra instrumentation was added to the recording.
Last updated: 7 July 2022
Also on this day...
- 1973: US album release: 1967-1970 (Blue Album)
- 1973: John Lennon and Yoko Ono announce the conceptual country Nutopia
- 1973: US album release: 1962-1966 (Red Album)
- 1970: Mixing, editing: The Long And Winding Road, I Me Mine, Across The Universe
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Azena Ballroom, Sheffield
- 1962: Live: Pavilion Theatre, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.