While The Beatles were filming at Twickenham Film Studios, a mono mix and three new stereo mixes of You're Going To Lose That Girl was created at EMI Studios in London in an hour-long session.
This was the second set of mixes of the song to be made, following previous attempts on 23 February 1965, before extra instrumentation was added to the recording.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Mixing, editing: The Long And Winding Road, I Me Mine, Across The Universe
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Azena Ballroom, Sheffield
- 1962: Live: Pavilion Theatre, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.