This was The Beatles’ 64th evening show at the Cavern Club. It was also the 24th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 162nd appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Four Paul McCartney albums to get CD/vinyl reissues
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Sportpaleis, Antwerp, Belgium
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Jobing.com Arena, Glendale, Arizona
- 1967: Recording: Good Morning Good Morning, Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!
- 1966: George Harrison and Ringo Starr meet Roy Orbison
- 1965: The Beatles’ final Thank Your Lucky Stars appearance
- 1964: Madame Tussauds unveils wax figures of The Beatles
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.