The Beatles gave their 98th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day. It was also the 24th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 161st known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Four Paul McCartney albums to get CD/vinyl reissues
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Sportpaleis, Antwerp, Belgium
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Jobing.com Arena, Glendale, Arizona
- 1967: Recording: Good Morning Good Morning, Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!
- 1966: George Harrison and Ringo Starr meet Roy Orbison
- 1965: The Beatles’ final Thank Your Lucky Stars appearance
- 1964: Madame Tussauds unveils wax figures of The Beatles
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.