This was The Beatles’ 91st lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 147th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening performances.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2009: Release date for The Beatles: Rock Band announced
- 2009: Paul McCartney to headline meditation benefit concert
- 1999: Recording: Brown Eyed Handsome Man, No Other Baby, She Said Yeah, Blue Jean Bop by Paul McCartney
- 1996: US single release: Real Love
- 1970: Recording: Whispering Grass, Bye Bye Blackbird by Ringo Starr
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Recording: From Me To You, Thank You Girl, One After 909
- 1963: Photo session in London
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.