This was the last of three performances by The Beatles at the Technical College Hall on Borough Road, Birkenhead.
The Beatles arrived here after a performance at the Tower Ballroom in New Brighton, Wallasey. They played a half-hour set at the Technical College Hall, before returning to the Tower Ballroom for their fourth live set of the day.
The Technical College was later renamed Wirral Metropolitan College, but teaching moved to other sites across the Wirral and the building fell into disrepair. It was demolished in 2005 to make way for flats.
Also on this day...
- 2016: New organisation aims to maximise Beatles tourism in Liverpool
- 1969: Editing: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: A Day In The Life, Lovely Rita
- 1965: The Beatles begin filming Help! in the Bahamas
- 1965: Mixing: Yes It Is, You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, If You’ve Got Trouble, Tell Me What You See, I Need You, Another Girl, Ticket To Ride, You Like Me Too Much, The Night Before, You’re Going To Lose That Girl, That Means A Lot
- 1964: Television: Big Night Out
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Mansfield
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Stuart Sutcliffe is interviewed for a teaching diploma at Liverpool College of Art
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.