This was the first of three performances by The Beatles at the Technical College Hall on Borough Road, Birkenhead.
Each of the three shows took place on consecutive Fridays in February 1962. The other dates were 16 and 23 February.
The Technical College was later renamed Wirral Metropolitan College, but teaching moved to other sites across the Wirral and the building fell into disrepair. It was demolished in 2005 to make way for flats.
Last updated: 5 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney’s star unveiled on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 1993: US album release: Off The Ground by Paul McCartney
- 1972: Wings live: Nottingham University
- 1970: Recording: Whispering Grass, Have I Told You Lately That I Love You by Ringo Starr
- 1967: Recording: Fixing A Hole
- 1964: The Beatles’ first Ed Sullivan Show
- 1963: Live: Empire Theatre, Sunderland
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: The Beatles’ first Cavern Club show
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.