The Beatles' final Cavern Club show of 1961 took place on this date. It was their 38th evening show at the underground venue on Liverpool's Matthew Street.
On this occasion The Beatles topped a bill which also featured the White Eagle Jazz Band.
Overall this was their 106th known appearance at the venue, including their more common lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2016: The Beatles’ first manager Allan Williams dies
- 1999: George Harrison is attacked at his Friar Park home
- 1966: Mixing, recording: When I’m Sixty-Four, Penny Lane
- 1964: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1963: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.