The Beatles’ 37th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 52nd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2017: Paul McCartney live: Madison Square Garden, New York City
- 2017: Album release: Give More Love by Ringo Starr
- 2016: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr attend the world premiere of The Beatles: Eight Days a Week
- 2015: The Beatles’ hits and videos come together with new stereo and surround sound mixes
- 1972: UK album release: Some Time In New York City by John & Yoko/Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed by ITV News
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Paul McCartney watches experimental music in London
- 1964: Live: Public Auditorium, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1963: Live: Great Pop Prom, Royal Albert Hall, London
- 1962: Live: Memorial Hall, Northwich
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.