This was The Beatles’ 30th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Paul McCartney live at Madison Square Garden, New York City
- 2016: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr attend the world premiere of The Beatles: Eight Days a Week
- 2015: The Beatles’ hits and videos come together with new stereo and surround sound mixes
- 1972: UK album release: Some Time In New York City by John & Yoko/Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed by ITV News
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Paul McCartney watches experimental music in London
- 1964: Live: Public Auditorium, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1963: Live: Great Pop Prom, Royal Albert Hall, London
- 1962: Live: Memorial Hall, Northwich
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.