This was The Beatles’ 15th show at Litherland Town Hall, where they had given a triumphant homecoming performance on 27 December 1960, following their first trip to Hamburg.
This was The Beatles’ second of four Litherland performances in September 1961. They played at the venue on 20 separate occasions between December 1960 and 9 November 1961.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2012: Beatles painting Images Of A Woman sells for $155,250
- 2011: Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell file notice of intent to marry
- 1969: The Plastic Ono Band relax in Toronto
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison travel to India
- 1964: Live: Civic Arena, Pittsburgh
- 1963: Live: Memorial Hall, Northwich
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.