The Quarrymen’s first live engagement of 1958 was their third at the New Clubmoor Hall, a Conservative Club in Liverpool’s Norris Green district.
They had originally been due to play a dance on the previous night at Wilson Hall in Garston, but promoter Charlie ‘Mac’ McBain changed the booking.
Also on this day...
- 2012: US publishing rights for six early Beatles songs are sold
- 2011: Gretsch to sell limited edition replica of George Harrison’s Duo Jet guitar
- 1972: UK album release: The Concert For Bangladesh by George Harrison & Friends
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day seven – George Harrison quits The Beatles
- 1968: Recording: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording: Penny Lane
- 1966: US single release: Woman by Peter And Gordon
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1964: US album release: Introducing The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.