The Beatles’ 41st evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. Also on the bill were Gerry and the Pacemakers.
Overall this was The Beatles’ 112th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their more common lunchtime shows.
The precise number of the group’s Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2012: US publishing rights for six early Beatles songs are sold
- 2011: Gretsch to sell limited edition replica of George Harrison’s Duo Jet guitar
- 1972: UK album release: The Concert For Bangladesh by George Harrison & Friends
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day seven – George Harrison quits The Beatles
- 1968: Recording: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording: Penny Lane
- 1966: US single release: Woman by Peter And Gordon
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1964: US album release: Introducing The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
- 1958: Live: New Clubmoor Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.