The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 235 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 October 2013
6.42pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9961

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said
How could anyone shoot a squirrel, they are so cute? Currently there is a badger cull ongoing in a part of the UK, i am not in favour.

This is a fun story so I'll tell it here. We didn't set out to get a hunting breed dog. This little black lab was running the neighborhood. He would go to my mother-in-law's house and turn on the charm. He took to sleeping in the dog house on our porch. Our elderly dog had become an indoor dog so he wasn't using the dog house. We had a big discussion and decided to take the lab in to be our own. Subsequently, we found out who his first "owner" in the neighborhood was. Everyone says the little guy is a lot better off with us than with that other family.

Good to hear that the dog is with a better family. Says a lot that the dog left his previous owner to stay with yous as dogs are generally very loyal.

We have a cat that is 17 years old; it was a stray that was dreadfully thin and covered in fleas when it followed my sister home. We took it in, locked it in a room, gave it food, got it defleaed, and its been with us ever since, it's never grown since we had first got it. The daft animal still would rather sleep in a plastic bag than on a cushion next to the radiator.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
15 October 2013
9.08pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1717

^ and ^^  Nice stories.

I'm not into pets much but have adopted a few cats over the years - they came for a few months, were fed and kept warm, then wandered off again to wherever it is that vagrant cats go.

15 October 2013
10.28pm
meanmistermustard

All is right in the world. Scotland beat Croatia 2-0 at home, ensuring the double over them.heartheartheart

Very very pleasing.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
15 October 2013
10.58pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
All is right in the world. Scotland beat Croatia 2-0 at home, ensuring the double over them.heartheartheart

Very very pleasing.

Nice one.  Having an English dad and growing up on the Stretford End myself, I was happy to see England get through to join Oz; I now have 2 teams to cheer for, and hopefully the local one can get over losing 6-0 twice in succession.

15 October 2013
11.22pm
meanmistermustard

I saw that Australia had sacked their manager to two defeats (one was to Brazil, forget the other). I have no idea why but i really do enjoy watching the Aussies. 

Don't care about England tho, actually forgot they were playing tonight. The tournaments come alive when England get sent packing and the media focuses on the sides remaining instead of going on about them as if they were defending World Champions.

16 October 2013
12.38am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5219

If I were ever to have the pleasure of serving you toast at my house, which flavors of jellies and jams should I have on hand?

16 October 2013
12.57am
meanmistermustard

Ahhh Girl said
If I were ever to have the pleasure of serving you toast at my house, which flavors of jellies and jams should I have on hand?

I presume thats meant to be in the Asking Paul a Question thread otherwise it's very off the wall.

16 October 2013
1.36am
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

I presume thats meant to be in the Asking Paul a Question thread otherwise it's very off the wall.

No, it wasn't for Paul. Just a general question to all of you. Yep, very off the wall. I posed the question to my friends on Facebook one day and got some really cool responses. So I thought I would ask here. Is it too personal of a thing to ask on the forum? I can have a mod delete it if it is.

16 October 2013
1.59am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

No, it wasn't for Paul. Just a general question to all of you. Yep, very off the wall. I posed the question to my friends on Facebook one day and got some really cool responses. So I thought I would ask here. Is it too personal of a thing to ask on the forum? I can have a mod delete it if it is.

Looks fine to me :)

I'm a traditionalist for jam so just the usual strawberry or marmalade usually - though I do like stuff made from lemons too.

16 October 2013
3.18am
Ahhh Girl

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8thanks trcanberra.

I was "tagged" in a post the other day. I think the word was "tagged" or it was something similar. I got a message bar across the top of my screen that notified me that I had been tagged. How do you tag someone in post? Is tagging considered "good" or "bad" form on this forum?

16 October 2013
3.45am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1073

Ahhh Girl said

I'm more of a cream cheese kinda guy. But I do like orange marmalade. a-hard-days-night-john-6

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
16 October 2013
3.46am
Ahhh Girl

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said

I'm more of a cream cheese kinda guy. But I do like orange marmalade. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Nice variety. I'll add it to the shopping list.

We need your powers of forgiveness over on the "Questions for Paul" thread. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

16 October 2013
3.51am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3106

Ahhh Girl said
I was "tagged" in a post the other day. I think the word was "tagged" or it was something similar. I got a message bar across the top of my screen that notified me that I had been tagged. How do you tag someone in post? Is tagging considered "good" or "bad" form on this forum?

Could you explain this further over at the "Weird things happening with the forum" thread in Getting better? I may be able to explain it, but the "tagged" bit is confusing me.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
16 October 2013
11.06am
meanmistermustard

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

Cannot see how asking if someone likes jam and if so what flavours is too personal - just off the wall. If you were to ask what they did with those preserves then it might be going down a similar line to the Ask Paul a Question thread (don't read that and then about jama-hard-days-night-paul-3). 

As for lime marmalade is scrummy tho orange is fine, jam-wise raspberry or blackcurrant. Toast needs to be well done and preferrably the ends of the loaf. 

What about yourself?

16 October 2013
1.21pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

Cannot see how asking if someone likes jam and if so what flavours is too personal - just off the wall. If you were to ask what they did with those preserves then it might be going down a similar line to the Ask Paul a Question thread (don't read that and then about jama-hard-days-night-paul-3). 

As for lime marmalade is scrummy tho orange is fine, jam-wise raspberry or blackcurrant. Toast needs to be well done and preferrably the ends of the loaf. 

What about yourself?

Thank you for asking. I am a grape jelly girl. I prefer Welch's over Smuckers. Sometimes, however, I like my toast with just butter. I guess I could save the jelly more often for other *purposes*. Fuel for our fangirl fire. Thanks MMM.

If you see jelly_sandwich bidding against you on ebay, send me a PM so we can stop the bidding war.

16 October 2013
1.43pm
meanmistermustard

Have just discovered that if you accidentally leave your post while typing in chrome you can go back and its still there. Yeaayyy. So much frustration in IE after writing a long post and then it gets wiped due to pressing the wrong button.

And my internet hasnt crashed once since the switch. 

I am now on the side of those who say IE blows.

16 October 2013
2.39pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1073

Ahhh Girl said

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said

We need your powers of forgiveness over on the "Questions for Paul" thread. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

I'm on my way.

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
16 October 2013
2.59pm
Ahhh Girl

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said

I'm on my way.

:-) Bailed out yet again.

16 October 2013
8.00pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1785

Everyone, pray for me, I have a snipe set on thing I want and the auction is ending in 3 mins

Let me win ahdn_george_05

I'll tell y'all what it was after the auction ends, I don't want anybody else bidding on it because I'm a selfish person a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
16 October 2013
8.04pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1785

Bollocks lost out by  £1 paul-mccartney It was a used set of the Dark Horse Years in excellent condition and some person bought it for £36. If you are on the Bible, I hate you a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Ah... just kidding..no I do hate you a-hard-days-night-paul-3

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko
43 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9961

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5229

Ahhh Girl: 5219

mithveaen: 4651