Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Baker's Dozen
22 May 2024
8.30pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5485
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7961sp_Permalink sp_Print

13 TV SHOWS ON WHICH THE BEATLES APPEARED

It does not necessarily have to be a live appearance or a musical performance

1. American Bandstand (Dick Clark showed Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane videos and then got some reactions from the teens).

2. Morecambe & Wise Show (featuring the Beatles performing This Boy All My Loving I Want To Hold Your Hand and a rendition of Moonlight Bay with Morecambe and Wise).

3. Our World (All You Need Is Love performance)

4. Shindig (I’m A Loser, Boys, Kansas City)

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Richard, Jolly Jimmy

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

22 May 2024
10.59pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5374

1. American Bandstand (Dick Clark showed Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane videos and then got some reactions from the teens).

2. Morecambe & Wise Show (featuring the Beatles performing This Boy, All My Loving, I Want To Hold Your Hand and a rendition of Moonlight Bay with Morecambe and Wise)

3. Our World (All You Need Is Love performance)

4. Shindig (I’m A Loser , Boys , Kansas City )

5. Debut appearance on Ready, Steady, Go! (Twist And Shout , I’ll Get You and She Loves You ; interviews)

The following people thank Richard for this post:

Jolly Jimmy

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

23 May 2024
12.41pm
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1062
7963sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. American Bandstand (Dick Clark showed Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane videos and then got some reactions from the teens).

2. Morecambe & Wise Show (featuring the Beatles performing This Boy, All My Loving, I Want To Hold Your Hand and a rendition of Moonlight Bay with Morecambe and Wise).

5. Debut appearance on Ready, Steady, Go! (Twist And Shout , I’ll Get You and She Loves You ; interviews)

6. David Frost Show (Performed Hey Jude and Revolution which became music videos played on other shows)

The following people thank Jolly Jimmy for this post:

Richard

You are all my friends.

23 May 2024
2.38pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members

2. Morecambe & Wise Show (featuring the Beatles performing This Boy, All My Loving, I Want To Hold Your Hand and a rendition of Moonlight Bay with Morecambe and Wise)

6. David Frost Show (Performed Hey Jude and Revolution which became music videos played on other shows)

7. Thank Your Lucky Stars (October 1963) (All My Loving , Money (That’s What I Want) and She Loves You )

Jolly Jimmy

And in the end

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

24 May 2024
5.43pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5485

7. Thank Your Lucky Stars (October 1963) (All My Loving , Money (That’s What I Want) and She Loves You )

8. People & Places (1962, October 17 you know what I mean, performing “Some Other Guy” and “Love Me Do”

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Richard, Jolly Jimmy

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

25 May 2024
1.18pm
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
7966sp_Permalink sp_Print

8. People & Places (1962, October 17 you know what I mean, performing “Some Other Guy” and “Love Me Do”

9. Ed Sullivan Show (Time to put down the easiest one.  I figured this one would be #2)

Richard

You are all my friends.

26 May 2024
1.46am
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
7967sp_Permalink sp_Print

9. Ed Sullivan Show (Time to put down the easiest one.  I figured this one would be #2)

10. Top Of The Pops (16 June 1966) (Paperback Writer , Rain )

Jolly Jimmy

And in the end

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

27 May 2024
12.41pm
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
7968sp_Permalink sp_Print

11. The Beatles Anthology (Another one I’m surprised nobody already said)

Richard

You are all my friends.

27 May 2024
5.19pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
7969sp_Permalink sp_Print

12. Roundup (8 January 1963) (Please Please Me )

And in the end

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

28 May 2024
1.39pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1152

2. Morecambe & Wise Show (featuring the Beatles performing This Boy , All My Loving , I Want To Hold Your Hand and a rendition of Moonlight Bay with Morecambe and Wise)

8. People & Places (1962, October 17 you know what I mean, performing “Some Other Guy” and “Love Me Do

9. Ed Sullivan Show (Time to put down the easiest one. I figured this one would be #2)

12. Roundup (8 January 1963) (Please Please Me )

13. Get Back !

Next one:

13 FUNNY INTERVIEW QUOTES / QUIPS BY THE BEATLES

1. What type of girls do you like?       John: “My wife.” George: “John’s wife.”

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

Richard

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

28 May 2024
2.26pm
LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 142
7971sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. What type of girls do you like?       John: “My wife.” George: “John’s wife.”

2. We’ve gone right off Jelly Babies… but we still like peppermint creams and dolly mixtures… (The Beatles Christmas Record; 1963)

29 May 2024
12.41pm
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
7972sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. What type of girls do you like? John: “My wife.” George: “John’s wife.”

2. We’ve gone right off Jelly Babies… but we still like peppermint creams and dolly mixtures… (The Beatles Christmas Record; 1963)

3. George:  “I had one yesterday” after the lads were asked about their long hair and haircuts.

You are all my friends.

7 June 2024
11.38pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members

3. George:  “I had one yesterday” after the lads were asked about their long hair and haircuts.

4. John: “No, it’s great” after the Beatles were asked, “Are you a little embarrassed by the lunacy you cause?”

kelicopter

And in the end

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

8 June 2024
5.02pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1152
7974sp_Permalink sp_Print

3. George: “I had one yesterday” after the lads were asked about their long hair and haircuts.

4. John: “No, it’s great” after the Beatles were asked, “Are you a little embarrassed by the lunacy you cause?”

5. Paul: “We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that’s all”

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

10 June 2024
7.28pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22305
7975sp_Permalink sp_Print

3. George: “I had one yesterday” after the lads were asked about their long hair and haircuts.

5. Paul: “We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that’s all”

6. Paul: “…let’s write a swimming pool.”

12 June 2024
12.16pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1409

6. Paul: “…let’s write a swimming pool.”

7. John: “I could be the cupboard” after they were asked, “Would you make them (The Beatles) part of your cabinet?”

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8046
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2882
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5532
Newest Members:
mnorkus, jeffpalmstudio, PeulMcCurtny, Violet Tyrrell, Stu_stan
Moderators: Joe: 5695, meanmistermustard: 24975, Ahhh Girl: 22305, Beatlebug: 18190, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5695