Studios Two and Three, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Phil McDonald
The first session was held in Studio Three from 2.30-6pm. Backing vocals and tambourine were added to track five, and tubular bells were overdubbed onto track eight. Paul McCartney then manually double-tracked his lead vocals on track one during the second verse.
The second session was held in the control room of Studio Two, from 6-11pm. Six rough stereo mixes of You Never Give Me Your Money were made, although none was used; the song received further overdubs at a later date.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Red Robinson Show Theatre, Coquitlam, British Columbia
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Yankee Stadium, New York
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Pepsi Center, Denver
- 2009: Paul McCartney plays outdoor show on the Ed Sullivan Theater
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Revolution, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Cry Baby Cry
- 1968: The Beatles move into the Apple headquarters at 3 Savile Row, London
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Holyoake Hall, Liverpool
- 1958: Julia Lennon dies
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.