Studios Two and Three, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Phil McDonald
The first session was held in Studio Three from 2.30-6pm. Backing vocals and tambourine were added to track five, and chimes were overdubbed onto track eight. Paul McCartney then wiped part of George Harrison's lead guitar part on track one to manually double-track his lead vocals during the second verse.
The second session was held in the control room of Studio Two, from 6-11pm. Six rough stereo mixes of You Never Give Me Your Money were made, although none was used; the song received further overdubs at a later date.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Red Robinson Show Theatre, Coquitlam, British Columbia
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Yankee Stadium, New York
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Pepsi Center, Denver
- 2009: Paul McCartney plays outdoor show on the Ed Sullivan Theater
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Revolution, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Cry Baby Cry
- 1968: The Beatles move into the Apple headquarters at 3 Savile Row, London
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Holyoake Hall, Liverpool
- 1958: Julia Lennon dies
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.