This was The Beatles’ 82nd evening show at the Cavern Club.
Overall this was their 196th appearance at the cellar venue in Mathew Street, including their lunchtime shows.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Red Robinson Show Theatre, Coquitlam, British Columbia
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Yankee Stadium, New York
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Pepsi Center, Denver
- 2009: Paul McCartney plays outdoor show on the Ed Sullivan Theater
- 1984: UK single release: I’m Stepping Out by John Lennon
- 1969: Recording, mixing: You Never Give Me Your Money
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Revolution, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Cry Baby Cry
- 1968: The Beatles move into the Apple headquarters at 3 Savile Row, London
- 1961: Live: Holyoake Hall, Liverpool
- 1958: Julia Lennon dies
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.