Ringo Starr arrived early for The Beatles’ session on this day, so he dropped in to Abbey Road’s Studio Two where soul singer Solomon King was recording a ballad, A Hundred Years Or More.
Starr contributed handclaps to the recording, which can be heard in the UK mix, available as the b-side of King’s 1968 single Goodbye My Old Gal (Columbia DB 8505). They are most audible from around the 1’18” mark.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Piazza Degli Scacchi, Marostica, Italy
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at United Center, Chicago, Illinois
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Sandia Casino Amphitheater, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Fenway Park, Boston
- 1969: Recording: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1968: Recording: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Revolution
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens, Margate
- 1962: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.