This was the second of six consecutive days in which The Beatles performed at Margate’s Winter Gardens. They performed to two different ‘houses’ each time.
Their set throughout the run contained nine songs: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Thank You Girl’, ‘Chains’, ‘Please Please Me’, ‘A Taste Of Honey’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘Baby It’s You’, ‘From Me To You’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Piazza Degli Scacchi, Marostica, Italy
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: United Center, Chicago, Illinois
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Sandia Casino Amphitheater, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Fenway Park, Boston
- 1969: Recording: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1968: Recording: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Revolution
- 1968: Ringo Starr performs on Solomon King’s A Hundred Years Or More
- 1962: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.