This was the second of six consecutive days in which The Beatles performed at Margate’s Winter Gardens. They performed to two different ‘houses’ each time.
Their set throughout the run contained nine songs: Roll Over Beethoven, Thank You Girl, Chains, Please Please Me, A Taste Of Honey, I Saw Her Standing There, Baby It’s You, From Me To You and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Piazza Degli Scacchi, Marostica, Italy
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at United Center, Chicago, Illinois
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Sandia Casino Amphitheater, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Fenway Park, Boston
- 1969: Recording: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1968: Recording: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Revolution
- 1968: Ringo Starr performs on Solomon King’s A Hundred Years Or More
- 1962: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.