Studio One, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Ken Scott
This was the second session for The Beatles’ single ‘Hello, Goodbye’, and took place in the huge Studio One at Abbey Road between 7pm and 3.30am. At this time the song was known by its working title Hello Hello.
Two lead guitar parts were overdubbed onto track two of take 16, and tracks three and four were filled with lead and backing vocals.
Also added to track four were handclaps and “Hela, heba, heloa” vocals onto the coda. The session ended with a reduction mix to free up space for further overdubs, by combining tracks three and four. This mix became known as take 17.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall, Fort Myers, Florida
- 1999: Album release: I Wanna Be Santa Claus by Ringo Starr
- 1999: US album release: Working Classical by Paul McCartney
- 1968: John and Yoko appear in court on drugs charges
- 1965: Recording: unused Christmas fan club messages
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Edinburgh
- 1963: Live: Pavilion Gardens Ballroom, Buxton
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.