Although take 10 had been labelled best at the end of the previous session, on this occasion overdubs including piano were firstly added onto take nine. The Beatles then began a remake and recorded five takes, numbered 20-24.
These new recordings featured drums, electric guitar, organ, tambourine and flute. The results strayed so far from the melody of You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) that the tape box was labelled "Instrumental – Unidentified".
The session ended at 2am on the morning of 8 June.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at CMAC, Hopewell, New York
- 1968: George Harrison and Ringo Starr fly to America
- 1964: Travel: Amsterdam to Hong Kong
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Glasgow
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.