Paul McCartney was the best man at his brother Michael’s wedding on 7 June 1968.
Mike McCartney married Angela Fishwick, a hair stylist, at St Bridget’s Parish Church in the small village of Carrog in Merionethshire, north Wales. It was the same church where the McCartneys’ father Jim had married his second wife in 1966.
The wedding reception was held at Jim McCartney’s home in Gayton, Cheshire. Paul led a singalong around the family piano.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: Fenway Park, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2022: Ringo Starr live: Beacon Theatre, New York
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: CMAC, Hopewell, New York
- 2005: US album release: Choose Love by Ringo Starr
- 1968: George Harrison and Ringo Starr fly to America
- 1967: Recording: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
- 1964: Travel: Amsterdam to Hong Kong
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Glasgow
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.