The Beatles had a tough drive through snow to get to their two concerts at the City Hall in Newcastle. It was the fourth and final occasion they visited the venue.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Item 1 and Item 2 by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: George Harrison live at City Hall, Sheffield with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day three
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Blue Turning Grey Over You by Ringo Starr
- 1968: George Harrison invites Hells Angels to Apple
- 1964: UK album release: Beatles For Sale
- 1962: Television: Tuesday Rendezvous
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.