The penultimate date of The Beatles’ tour with Roy Orbison took place at Newcastle’s City Hall. It was the second time the group had performed at the venue.
Throughout the tour The Beatles performed the same seven-song set: Some Other Guy, Do You Want To Know A Secret, Love Me Do, From Me To You, Please Please Me, I Saw Her Standing There and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Holland Blues Festival, Grolloo, Netherlands
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Community Arts Center, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Barclays Center, New York
- 2011: Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono and George Martin celebrate five years of Love in Las Vegas
- 1968: George Harrison and Ringo Starr visit Joan Baez in California
- 1968: Paul McCartney is best man at his brother Michael’s wedding
- 1967: Recording: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
- 1966: Recording, editing: Good Day Sunshine, And Your Bird Can Sing
- 1965: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand
- 1964: The Beatles arrive in Hong Kong
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.