The penultimate date of The Beatles’ tour with Roy Orbison took place at Newcastle’s City Hall. It was the second time the group had performed at the venue.
Throughout the tour The Beatles performed the same seven-song set: ‘Some Other Guy’, ‘Do You Want To Know A Secret’, ‘Love Me Do’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘Please Please Me’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Ringo Starr live: Beacon Theatre, New York
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: Fenway Park, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Holland Blues Festival, Grolloo, Netherlands
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Community Arts Center, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Barclays Center, New York
- 2011: Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono and George Martin celebrate five years of Love in Las Vegas
- 1979: UK album release: Back To The Egg by Wings
- 1968: George Harrison and Ringo Starr visit Joan Baez in California
- 1968: Paul McCartney is best man at his brother Michael’s wedding
- 1967: Recording: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
- 1966: Recording, editing: Good Day Sunshine, And Your Bird Can Sing
- 1965: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand
- 1964: The Beatles arrive in Hong Kong
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.