The two Beatles and their wives had flown to America so Harrison could appear in the Ravi Shankar film Raga. They returned to England on 18 June 1968.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Holland Blues Festival, Grolloo, Netherlands
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Community Arts Center, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Barclays Center, New York
- 2011: Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono and George Martin celebrate five years of Love in Las Vegas
- 1968: Paul McCartney is best man at his brother Michael’s wedding
- 1967: Recording: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
- 1966: Recording, editing: Good Day Sunshine, And Your Bird Can Sing
- 1965: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand
- 1964: The Beatles arrive in Hong Kong
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.