Studio One (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Engineer: Norman Smith
Balance engineer Norman Smith created a new stereo mix of ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’ in a half-hour studio session beginning at 10am.
The mix was intended for compilation albums issued by EMI’s partner labels in Australia and the Netherlands. It was numbered remix two, and was created from take 17 of the song.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Ringo Starr live: Beacon Theatre, New York
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: Fenway Park, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Holland Blues Festival, Grolloo, Netherlands
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Community Arts Center, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Barclays Center, New York
- 2011: Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono and George Martin celebrate five years of Love in Las Vegas
- 1979: UK album release: Back To The Egg by Wings
- 1968: George Harrison and Ringo Starr visit Joan Baez in California
- 1967: Recording: You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
- 1966: Recording, editing: Good Day Sunshine, And Your Bird Can Sing
- 1964: The Beatles arrive in Hong Kong
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.