The Beatles were once again at Twickenham Film Studios on 29 April 1965, to re-shoot the scene in Help! in which a night club hand dryer sucks excessively in an attempt to steal Ringo Starr’s ring.
Another scene was re-shot on this day: Starr was tethered to a table in a room underneath The Beatles’ recording studio, before being rescued by Ahme, played by Eleanor Bron.
While at Twickenham, the group gave an interview to Radio Luxembourg presenter Chris Denning, the host of the station’s weekly Sunday night show titled The Beatles. John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison were recorded together, while Starr gave a separate interview after filming his scene.
Also on this day...
- 2008: Give Peace A Chance lyrics to be sold
- 1977: UK album release: Thrillington by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Octopus’s Garden
- 1967: John Lennon attends the 14 Hour Technicolour Dream
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Eleanor Rigby, I’m Only Sleeping
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Edinburgh
- 1964: The Beatles are photographed with their Madame Tussauds wax figures
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.