It took place instead on this date, which was to have been the start of a four-day rest period for The Beatles. This was the group’s second and final appearance at the Guildhall, following their debut there on 30 March 1963.
The Beatles performed a standard 10-song set throughout their 1963 Autumn Tour: ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘You Really Got A Hold On Me’, ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Boys’, ‘Till There Was You’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
This was the 27th date of the Autumn Tour, which ended on 13 December 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at O2 World, Berlin
- 1973: US album release: Band On The Run by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1969: George Harrison live at Town Hall, Birmingham with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day two
- 1965: The Beatles’ final UK tour begins in Glasgow
- 1965: UK album release: Rubber Soul
- 1965: UK single release: We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper
- 1962: Television: Discs A Gogo
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1938: Julia Stanley marries Alfred Lennon
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.