The second night of Sir Paul McCartney’s 2009 European tour took place at the O2 World in Berlin, Germany.
In the afternoon McCartney performed a soundcheck for VIP ticket holders. This clip isn’t from the soundcheck, but comes from rehearsals.
The audience for the concert itself was noticeably more vocal and livelier than in Hamburg the previous night, possibly due to large parts of the arena being reserved for standing.
McCartney and his band played the same setlist as in Hamburg. His voice is said to have been slightly strained during the show, and he occasionally forgot the lyrics to songs.
Here’s the performance of A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance from the show:
- Magical Mystery Tour
- Drive My Car
- Only Mama Knows
- Flaming Pie
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Let Me Roll It
- The Long And Winding Road
- (I Want To) Come Home
- My Love
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- And I Love Her
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Sing The Changes
- Back In The USSR
- I’ve Got A Feeling
- Paperback Writer
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Also on this day...
- 1969: George Harrison live at Town Hall, Birmingham with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day two
- 1965: The Beatles’ final UK tour begins in Glasgow
- 1965: UK album release: Rubber Soul
- 1965: UK single release: We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper
- 1963: Live: Guildhall, Portsmouth
- 1962: Television: Discs A Gogo
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1938: Julia Stanley marries Alfred Lennon
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.