Harrison performed on five of the tour’s six dates, playing two shows each night. He appeared in Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool and Croydon. He didn’t perform at the Newcastle shows on 5 December, instead briefly leaving the tour to visit his unwell mother.
Several of the shows were also recorded for possible album release – the result was 1970’s Delaney & Bonnie & Friends On Tour With Eric Clapton. Harrison was credited as “Mysterioso”.
Harrison had previously performed at Birmingham’s Town Hall on 4 June 1963, during The Beatles’ tour with Roy Orbison.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at O2 World, Berlin
- 1973: US album release: Band On The Run by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day two
- 1965: The Beatles’ final UK tour begins in Glasgow
- 1965: UK album release: Rubber Soul
- 1965: UK single release: We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper
- 1963: Live: Guildhall, Portsmouth
- 1962: Television: Discs A Gogo
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1938: Julia Stanley marries Alfred Lennon
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.