This was The Beatles’ only live appearance in Guildford, Surrey.
The Odeon Cinema opened in May 1935, and was located on the corner of Epsom Road and Jenner Road. It had seats for 1,145 people in the stalls and 478 in the circle.
The building closed in 1996 when a multiplex opened in the town. It was demolished in 2002 and replaced by shops and apartments.
Last updated: 5 March 2010
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Caesars Circus Maximus Theatre, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Revolution 1, Revolution 9
- 1968: Paul McCartney flies from New York to Los Angeles
- 1967: Mixing: All You Need Is Love
- 1966: Recording, mixing: She Said She Said
- 1966: Mixing, editing: Love You To, I Want To Tell You, Here, There And Everywhere, For No One, Doctor Robert, Taxman
- 1965: Day off in Paris
- 1964: Travel: Sydney to Wellington
- 1963: John Lennon’s assault of Bob Wooler reaches the national press
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.