The Beatles' 23rd evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was also the 11th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue on the same day.
The precise number of The Beatles' Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963. This was their 74th overall appearance, including their lunchtime shows.
Earlier in the evening, prior to taking the stage at the Cavern, they performed at the Merseyside Civil Service Club on Lower Castle Street, Liverpool.
Also on this day...
- 2015: John Lennon’s Gibson J-160E guitar sells for $2.41 million
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Beira Rio, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- 1993: George Harrison attends the Adelaide Grand Prix
- 1969: Recording: Stardust by Ringo Starr
- 1968: John Lennon writes A Short Essay On Macrobiotics
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: Blue Jay Way, Flying, Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: John Lennon meets Yoko Ono
- 1966: Mixing: I Want To Hold Your Hand
- 1964: Live: Capitol Cinema, Cardiff
- 1963: Live: Adelphi Cinema, Dublin, Ireland
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Merseyside Civil Service Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1957: Live: Wilson Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.