This was The Beatles’ 14th show at Litherland Town Hall, where they had given a triumphant homecoming performance on 27 December 1960, following their first trip to Hamburg.
This was The Beatles’ first of four Litherland performances in September 1961. They played at the venue on 20 separate occasions between December 1960 and 9 November 1961.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Revolver to be reissued with remixes and rarities
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Fabulous Fox Theatre, St Louis, Missouri
- 2018: Paul McCartney live: Grand Central Terminal, New York City
- 2018: Album release: Egypt Station by Paul McCartney
- 2010: John Lennon’s killer denied parole for sixth time
- 1967: Recording: Blue Jay Way
- 1964: Live: Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Canada
- 1963: Live: Fairfield Hall, Croydon
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Village Hall, Irby, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.