The Beatles’ 34th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 48th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows. Their final performance at the venue took place on 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2022: Revolver to be reissued with remixes and rarities
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Fabulous Fox Theatre, St Louis, Missouri
- 2018: Paul McCartney live: Grand Central Terminal, New York City
- 2018: Album release: Egypt Station by Paul McCartney
- 2010: John Lennon’s killer denied parole for sixth time
- 1967: Recording: Blue Jay Way
- 1964: Live: Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Canada
- 1963: Live: Fairfield Hall, Croydon
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Village Hall, Irby, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.