This was The Beatles’ 22nd of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Fabulous Fox Theatre, St Louis, Missouri, USA
- 2018: Paul McCartney live at Grand Central Terminal, New York City
- 2010: John Lennon’s killer denied parole for sixth time
- 1967: Recording: Blue Jay Way
- 1964: Live: Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Canada
- 1963: Live: Fairfield Hall, Croydon
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Village Hall, Irby, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.