This was The Beatles' 33rd of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 1973: Ringo Starr buys Tittenhurst Park from John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: Paul McCartney performs on Badfinger’s Rock Of All Ages
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Birthday
- 1968: George Harrison is interviewed for New Musical Express and BBC
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: John Lennon travels to Carboneras, Spain
- 1964: Live: Memorial Auditorium, Dallas
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.