George Harrison gave an interview on this day to New Musical Express journalist Alan Smith, at Apple Corps’ headquarters at 3 Savile Row, London.
Smith had first interviewed The Beatles in 1962, and his wife worked for Apple. In addition to being published in the NME, the interview was also broadcast on the BBC Radio 1 show Scene And Heard on 28 September 1968.
The programme was also repeated by Radio 1 on 30 September, and on the BBC World Service on three occasions.
Also on this day...
- 1973: Ringo Starr buys Tittenhurst Park from John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: Paul McCartney performs on Badfinger’s Rock Of All Ages
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Birthday
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: John Lennon travels to Carboneras, Spain
- 1964: Live: Memorial Auditorium, Dallas
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.