The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 294 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
2 February 2014
10.43pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5775

meanmistermustard said
I watch one American Football match a year. I have no idea who is playing who, what their form or history is, who their best players are, what the hell is going on half the time, and wont have a clue why they are having a break every 20 seconds to have a huddle and a chin-wag. I also dont get the plays, rules or tactics. Aside from all that i'm set.

Who is doing the music this year at the half-time concert? Need to know who it is i'm going to avoid by taking the dog for a walk. 

My channel of choice was bbc 1 as they aimed their coverage at the clueless so will have a flick between sky and c4 and settle somewhere.

The only part I would watch is the half-time show. It's Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruno Mars this year.

My vegan friend who hosts orphan Thanksgiving went to Nashville to audition for The Voice. But normally she has a party where all we watch is the national anthem, the commercials and half time. And the rest of the time we watch the Puppy Bowl.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

2 February 2014
11.07pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5982

I know we have one forum member from Seattle. Do we have anyone from Denver?

3 February 2014
1.33am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 11031

This is one incredibly sided match. It's not even a man v man contest, more man v celery at the moment. 

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
3 February 2014
1.47am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1841

meanmistermustard said
This is one incredibly sided match. It's not even a man v man contest, more man v celery at the moment. 

Wow.lola-hard-days-night-john-6

Yes, sadly the Broncos are behind. a-hard-days-night-paul-4

3 February 2014
2.03am
Ahhh Girl

Sky999 said

meanmistermustard said

I have some Broncos fan friends in OKC. Their house is a Broncos museum. Every room is wall-to-wall Broncos swag. Probably not much rejoicing at their house right now.

3 February 2014
2.06am
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 136

I'm not watching the game live, just checking updates every now and then to see how many more times Seattle has scored since the last time I checked. Wow. I think man v. celery is giving Denver too much credit at this point in the game.

3 February 2014
2.06am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

meanmistermustard said

I have some Broncos fan friends in OKC. Their house is a Broncos museum. Every room is wall-to-wall Broncos swag. Probably not much rejoicing at their house right now.

I would say not.

They should probably break out the paper bags like us ol' Saints fans use to do. 

3 February 2014
2.10am
Ahhh Girl

True, Sky999. LOL. I'm scared to check my FB feed to see how bummed they are.

3 February 2014
2.12am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said
True, sky999. LOL. I'm scared to check my FB feed to see how bummed they are.

You'll be good as long as you don't say anything. a-hard-days-night-george-10And give them plenty of breathing room. a-hard-days-night-george-10

---Welp, Broncos finally got a touchdown.. Can they make it back?...Probably not. a-hard-days-night-paul-9 

Edit: Well its all over now, but the crying. 43 to 8 ...ehahdn_paul_01

3 February 2014
2.23am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

Apparently, Paul is at the game and is a Seahawks fan or just wearing the jacket.ahdn_paul_02

3 February 2014
3.05am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

Well, that game was a blowout. That Seattle defense was stiff, though. And the Eagles have to play the Seahawks next year... a-hard-days-night-ringo-5

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
3 February 2014
3.24am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2679

Well no one saw that coming. That game really sucked. And the commercials were below par too.

Well at least Paul liked his pizza. 

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

3 February 2014
3.26am
Ahhh Girl

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Well no one saw that coming. That game really sucked. And the commercials were below par too.

Well at least Paul liked his pizza. 

Paul can make it all worthwhile in my book. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

3 February 2014
5.11am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5775

I just posted a gif of Paul at the game in Funny Paul pics.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

3 February 2014
1.45pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 11031

only just come to the realisation that the full Glasgow and North Ayrshire library catalogues are online and searchable. Makes making requests much easier as you do it online and wait for an email to come thru. Only took me half a century. Next up discovering indoor plumbing.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
3 February 2014
1.46pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2951

AppleScruffJunior said

fabfouremily said
Ahh, it's so lonely on these empty roads....

Is there anybody out there.....? *echoes*

Maybe I should go back to bed (or get a life, perhaps). It must be too early for everyone else.

Have a good Sunday, folks! I've got a literature exam tomorrow so it's time to study for me :(

Funny I woke up this morning and went on this, I saw your posts and thought 'bloody hell, Emily's up early'

I have to hit the books (not literally) as well, test on Othello quotes tomorrow, taxation test on Tuesday, Irish essay and maths test on Wednesday, German imperfkt tense on Thursday and geography test on river features on Friday

It's going to be a fun week

In other happier news I think I'm going to watch 'The Graduate' tonight :)

Yeah, couldn't sleep so I just got up :) Best of luck with them all  apple01

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

3 February 2014
2.39pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said
only just come to the realisation that the full Glasgow and North Ayrshire library catalogues are online and searchable. Makes making requests much easier as you do it online and wait for an email to come thru. Only took me half a century. Next up discovering indoor plumbing.

heart

Have you used Scotland's Interlibrary Loan system? EDIT: Wow, seems a bit expensive. But, then again, you all do things a bit differently with your libraries than we do over here.

http://www.nls.uk/using-the-li.....rary-loans

EDIT: from the catalogue you mentioned: The Beatles in Scotland. Have you read that one?

EDIT again: They have John Grisham books heart.

3 February 2014
3.33pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2222

Yesterday I went to an amusement park which is based on fairytales. We got the tickets from work, as a reward because we (Lidl) have been the best supermarket in the vegetables and fruit section for four years. We could all take one other person and I took my sister. A colleague took his sister and so we drove there. It was fun and we were lucky with the weather. What wasn't so much fun was the way my sister behaved. She behaved like a 6 year old (she's 17) and annoyed the crap out of everybody. Last week was a very rough week and yesterday was meant to be a lovely ending to that week, but it wasn't really. At first I tried to involve her in the group, but she kept making pejorative comments, embarrassing me and just behaved like a whiney tit. So I started to ignore her and from then on I started to have fun. Next time I won't take her again. Such disappointment.

3 February 2014
5.25pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2951

Aw it's a shame it seems like she ruined it a bit. Do you think maybe she was just a bit jealous that you were getting the attention (as they're your colleagues)?

Over here Lidl has a bit of a bad name but I get the impression that isn't so on the continent. When I went to Germany it was the Lidl's that seemed the most popular and the most numberable. It's good they reward their workers. I mean, I'm sure you do a fantastic job, but the variety of veg isn't really down to you personally (or your co-workers), is it? Though I suppose you do have to handle it carefully.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

3 February 2014
9.48pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2679

Question: What's the difference between "subscribing" and "watching" at topic? Just wondering

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Sun King, The John
66 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11031

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5982

parlance: 5775

Annadog40: 5245