Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
27 January 2014
12.29am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Linde said
Watching it online, but the quality is so bad and it won’t start for another few hours. It’ll be what..3 am around here when it starts? I don’t really get it anyway..it hasn’t started yet yet they’ve already given out some awards. How does that work?

Btw, just spotted Yoko and Sean at the red carpet. 

They only show portions of it on tv. With so many awards, we would be here all night watching it.

27 January 2014
1.20am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5782sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well this is lame. I watched the red carpet and some backstage stuff online, but as soon as it got to the real show it stayed on backstage and I can’t watch the real show anywhere. It’s not on tv either.

Yes it’s 2.20 am and I’m still awake, not tired at all and pretty bored.

27 January 2014
1.28am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5783sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Watching it online, but the quality is so bad and it won’t start for another few hours. It’ll be what..3 am around here when it starts? I don’t really get it anyway..it hasn’t started yet yet they’ve already given out some awards. How does that work?

Btw, just spotted Yoko and Sean at the red carpet. 

Sean’s looking more and more like ’69-era John with the long hair.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

27 January 2014
1.33am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5784sp_Permalink sp_Print

For those who can receive the UK’s Channel 4, they are showing a 90 minute Grammy Awards highlights package at just after midnight today (27) (00.05-01:35am, 28 January).

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 January 2014
1.34am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
5785sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
For those who can receive the UK’s Channel 4, they are showing a 90 minute Grammy Awards highlights package at just after midnight today (27) (00.05-01:35am, 28 January).

Cool.

If anything happens of note i’ll tune in. 

Thanks for the heads up.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 January 2014
1.35am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5786sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can’t receive that channel either. All of a sudden I remember why I’ve never watched the Grammys before! Oh well, I’m sure it’ll land on Youtube soon.

27 January 2014
5.49am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
5787sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I have ordered from Roscommon, Galway and Clare County Libraries… I won’t have them for Christmas unless some miracle occurs. Unfortunately Carlow Library has Allan ‘where’s my commission’ William’s book but they don’t lend on borrowbooks.ie Blah!

I will keep you informed

Chuck_Norris_salute.gifImage Enlarger

meanmistermustard said

AppleScruffJunior said
‘The Beatles and Ireland’ by Michael Lynch

‘The Beatles Years: Volume 2 After The Breakup 1970-2001 by Keith Badman (great surname, eh?)

‘The Beatles’ Shadow: Stuart Sutcliffe’s Lonely Hearts Club’ by Pauline Sutcliffe

And ‘The Kama Sutra’….I may be joking about that one, you decide a-hard-days-night-john-7

If all of them transactions go on well then I will definitely order more books, probably about Brian brian-epstein because I have never read a book on him

Very good book. Well worth reading.

ASJ, did you get any of the books? Any thoughts on any of them?

27 January 2014
1.39pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

^^^ I’ll reply to that when I get on the laptop, my phone is annoying to type on.

Anyways I came home for lunch and caught the last couple of minutes of RTÉ1 News, apparently yesterday’s Grammys was 50 Years to the day of the appearance of the lads on Ed Sullivan, funny I thought it was February the 9th, Paul’s new single “Queen” was sung.
Who the hell does the research for the news :/
They also said Olivia was in the audience, I didn’t see her

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

27 January 2014
3.07pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ I’ll reply to that when I get on the laptop, my phone is annoying to type on.

Anyways I came home for lunch and caught the last couple of minutes of RTÉ1 News, apparently yesterday’s Grammys was 50 Years to the day of the appearance of the lads on Ed Sullivan, funny I thought it was February the 9th, Paul’s new single “Queen” was sung.
Who the hell does the research for the news :/
They also said Olivia was in the audience, I didn’t see her

The BBC has it done as Paul winning two Grammys,

Sir Paul McCartney was among the other double winners. . .

which is slighty different to Beatles Examiner which says he got five.

That makes five Grammy Awards the 71-year-old former Beatle won Sunday.

Maybe the first few don’t countahdn_paul_01.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 January 2014
3.26pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

AppleScruffJunior said
^^ Lightweights, I’ve been drinking whisky since I was 7 a-hard-days-night-george-10

Only a couple of hours to the Grammy’s (which I won’t be watching live because sleep is important) So any predictions for what Paul is going to play? I have a firm feeling ‘I Saw Her Standing There ‘ will be one :)

Gotta look after your liver, Katie. Don’t want problems by the time you’re 30 now, do you? a-hard-days-night-george-10

I didn’t bother staying up to watch the Grammys, but I might stay up tonight to watch the Highlights. There’s something else I watch on a Monday and that doesn’t finish ’till 11.30, so I’ll be up late anyway. I’ve never been that bothered about watching award ceremonies, but I guess this is a bit different.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 January 2014
4.09pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
5791sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just ordered Tune In and Anthology yesterday (FINALLY) and I am so excited. I have been wanting to get Anthology (the DVDs) for four years now. I don’t know why I waited so long. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

27 January 2014
4.11pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

unknown said
I just ordered Tune In and Anthology yesterday (FINALLY) and I am so excited. I have been wanting to get Anthology (the DVDs) for four years now. I don’t know why I waited so long. 

Which version of Tune In have you gone for?

You will LOVE Anthology!

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 January 2014
4.18pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
5793sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went for the extended special edition, off Amazon uk. It’s not in stock right now though so I have no idea when I’m going to get it. 

And yeah, I am really excited about getting Anthology. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

27 January 2014
6.47pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5794sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said
I went for the extended special edition, off Amazon uk. It’s not in stock right now though so I have no idea when I’m going to get it. 

However much you spent on Anthology, it’s worth every penny. Trust me.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

27 January 2014
8.59pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
5795sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

unknown said

However much you spent on Anthology, it’s worth every penny. Trust me.

I second that emotion…

My wife bought me the set for Christmas about 4 years ago. I still watch them at least 3 or 4 times a year. Can’t get enough!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

27 January 2014
9.58pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Not sure if this for the moments or LOL thread so here it goes. Coventry football fans have an impromptu rendition of Twist And Shout at Arsenal. 

27 January 2014
10.23pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5797sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That is pure genius! Almost seems like a flash mob, and you don’t see how it starts. I wonder if there were 3 or 4 people who decided to see what would happen!

28 January 2014
12.50am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080

I play acoustic guitar (have been for years), mostly finger-picking in the James Taylor style.  For this, I need my thumb and three fingers (sans pinkie) of my picking hand (right hand) to have long nails, while all the nails on my left hand (that press down on the strings to form chords) have to be clipped down to the nub.

I recently experienced acutely how important it is to have the nail of my ring finger (the finger between the middle “flip the bird” finger and the pinkie) to be long enough.  I had clipped it down a shade too far, still leaving plenty of length to the unsuspecting onlooker, but crucially short of providing my finger with the ease it needs to grab and sound strings when it needs to.  Given that I use the other two fingers (middle and index) plus my thumb, my ring finger tends to be devoted to the high E string — and I was finding that more often than not, I had to become conscious of having to press my finger down more than normally, and that became distracting and annoying, and tended to interfere a little with my performance.

Now, if I can just get rid of this annoying little pea under my mattress…blue-meanie

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

28 January 2014
1.29am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5799sp_Permalink sp_Print

Surprised not to have seen it mentioned anywhere here, but watching Grammy highlights. Now, knowing I’m not watching the full thing, Paul and Ringo did Queenie Eye , next thing we’re given is Steven Tyler and Smokey Robinson presenting Record of the Year. Smokey sings a few lines of You Really Got A Hold On Me  and declares, “Paul! You should record that!”

The Beatles recorded it, with a smokin’ soulful Lennon vocal, for With The Beatles , which rejigged appeared as their first US Capitol album Meet The Beatles. As important a release 50 years ago for Smokey as it was for them. The Beatles early Motown covers helped make Motown, and Smokey with his tongue-in-cheek, acknowledged the debt!

28 January 2014
2.50am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
5800sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Surprised not to have seen it mentioned anywhere here, but watching Grammy highlights. Now, knowing I’m not watching the full thing, Paul and Ringo did Queenie Eye , next thing we’re given is Steven Tyler and Smokey Robinson presenting Record of the Year. Smokey sings a few lines of You Really Got A Hold On Me  and declares, “Paul! You should record that!”

The Beatles recorded it, with a smokin’ soulful Lennon vocal, for With The Beatles , which rejigged appeared as their first US Capitol album Meet The Beatles. As important a release 50 years ago for Smokey as it was for them. The Beatles early Motown covers helped make Motown, and Smokey with his tongue-in-cheek, acknowledged the debt!

I know. At first I was looking at the screen crooked, thinking, “the Beatles did do that song. Right? Yeah, John, yeah, the whole thing.” Then I realized it was tongue-in-cheek. I was doubting my Beatles knowledge there for a moment that kept me from realizing what he was doing. I’m like a wobbly filly getting my legs under me. I’ll never be the sleek showhorse like many of the Beatles brains here, but I am learning.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694