Talenthouse.com has launched the competition, which runs until 16 August 2011. McCartney will choose the winner from all qualified submissions, with special consideration for top voted entries.
The winner will receive $1,000, deluxe editions of the albums, and a copy of Adobe Creative Suite 5, as well two tickets to attend a meet-and-greet with McCartney at a forthcoming concert of their choice.
McCartney will sign a framed lithograph of the winning work, which will be displayed in London art gallery Idea Generation before being given to the winner. Competition sponsors Saatchi & Saatchi will feature pieces by 10 runners-up in its online gallery.
Have fun with this competition. I look forward to seeing the amazing artwork that you are all going to produce and I encourage you to feel free and basically have a scribbling good time.
The second-place winner, selected by McCartney, will receive deluxe editions of the albums, a pair of tickets to a forthcoming concert, and a copy of Adobe CS5.
Third place will be rewarded with the deluxe albums and the Adobe software, while six highest-voted submissions will each receive copies of the albums and share a prize pool of $600.
Full terms and conditions, as well as entry forms and videos for ‘Maybe I’m Amazed’ and ‘Coming Up’, are on the Talenthouse website. Voting begins on Wednesday 17 August and ends on Tuesday 23 August, and the winners will be announced on 14 September.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Salle des Étoiles Sporting Club, Monte Carlo, Monaco
- 2010: Apple Records’ remastered back catalogue to be released
- 1966: The Beatles’ first trip to India
- 1964: World première of A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Memorial Hall, Northwich
- 1962: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Mersey Beat launches
- 1957: John Lennon meets Paul McCartney
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.