McCartney and Evans flew from San Francisco in a hired Lear jet; they arrived at Denver Airport and were met by Bert Rosenthal, who had agreed to lend McCartney and Asher his house. Evans, meanwhile, booked into the Driftwood Motel.
In the evening McCartney and Asher were reunited, and Rosenthal drove them to a hotel where a birthday party was held for her. The party had been organised by the Old Vic.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Full details of The Beatles’ Sgt Pepper 50th anniversary edition
- 1970: Ringo Starr is interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: The Beatles receive their first silver disc
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1946: Jane Asher is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.