The pub cellar sequence for The Beatles’ second feature film, Help!, was filmed on 7 April 1965 at Twickenham Film Studios in England. In the scene, Ringo Starr was confronted by a tiger, “Raja, the famous Bengal man-eater”.
Meanwhile, NEMS Enterprises, The Beatles’ management company run by Brian Epstein, announced that Ringo and his wife Maureen were expecting their first child. Zak Starkey was born on 13 September 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2009: The Beatles’ remastered CDs to be released on 09/09/09
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back, Don’t Let Me Down
- 1967: Mixing: Sgt Pepper crossfades, With A Little Help From My Friends, Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite!, Fixing A Hole, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1967: Paul McCartney films Jane Asher in Denver, and has the idea for Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Recording: Tomorrow Never Knows, Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Savoy Ballroom, Southsea, Portsmouth
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.