Work continued on The Beatles’ second feature film, then known as Eight Arms To Hold You, at Twickenham Film Studios, England. Scenes completed during this week included the laboratory and railway station interior sequences.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Cynthia Lennon dies
- 1973: John Lennon and Yoko Ono write the Declaration of Nutopia
- 1970: Recording: Across The Universe, The Long And Winding Road, I Me Mine
- 1969: Television: John Lennon and Yoko Ono interviewed on Today
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
- 1966: John Lennon buys Timothy Leary’s The Psychedelic Experience
- 1965: Brian Epstein takes over the Saville Theatre, London
- 1964: John Lennon is reunited with his father Alf
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Radio: Side By Side
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.