The Beatles had their full day of filming for their second feature film Help!, beginning the 8.30am-5.30pm schedule that was maintained throughout their two-week Bahamanian shoot.
The group was filmed cycling on the lengthy Interfield Road, near to Nassau International Airport on New Providence Island. They filmed a number of other scenes on the road, which was later renamed John F Kennedy Drive, in subsequent days.
Also on this day...
- 2021: Paul McCartney to publish 960-page book The Lyrics
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, Sarasota, FL, USA
- 2011: Paul McCartney to write for New York City Ballet
- 2009: Unreleased 11-minute mix of Revolution 1 surfaces
- 1986: UK album release: Live In New York City by John Lennon
- 1970: Recording, mixing: Blue Turning Grey Over You by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Mixing: Hot As Sun, Every Night by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording, tape copying: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1967: Recording: Lovely Rita
- 1963: Live: Coventry Theatre, Coventry
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: YMCA, Hoylake, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.