Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: Paul McCartney
Hot As Sun had been recorded at Morgan Studio, London earlier in February 1970. It was remixed in stereo in the first of two sessions, and a copy of the best mix of ‘Maybe I’m Amazed’ made on 22 February.
After a break he remixed ‘Every Night’ once again, making the previous Sunday’s mixes surplus to requirements.
The sessions took place from 10am to 1pm and 3.30-6.15pm. As with all the Morgan and EMI sessions for the album, it was booked under the pseudonym Billy Martin.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, Sarasota, FL, USA
- 2011: Paul McCartney to write for New York City Ballet
- 2009: Unreleased 11-minute mix of Revolution 1 surfaces
- 1986: UK album release: Live In New York City by John Lennon
- 1970: Recording, mixing: Blue Turning Grey Over You by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Recording, tape copying: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1967: Recording: Lovely Rita
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1963: Live: Coventry Theatre, Coventry
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: YMCA, Hoylake, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.