This was the second date of The Beatles’ British tour of 1964. They played two shows at Leicester’s De Montfort Hall, for which they were paid £850.
The Beatles’ set contained 10 songs: ‘Twist And Shout’, ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’, ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’, ‘Things We Said Today’, ‘I’m Happy Just To Dance With You’, ‘I Should Have Known Better’, ‘If I Fell’, ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’, ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ and ‘Long Tall Sally’.
The support acts on the tour were The Rustiks, Sounds Incorporated, Michael Haslam, The Remo Four, Tommy Quickly and Mary Wells, and the compère was Bob Bain. The concerts started at 6.15pm and 8.45pm.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands, Texas
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Times Square, New York
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Piggies, Glass Onion, Rocky Raccoon, Long Long Long, Why Don’t We Do It In The Road
- 1968: George Harrison forms music publishing company Singsong Ltd
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.