The Beatles gave their 139th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day. It was also the 41st occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 246th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands, Texas
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Times Square, New York
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Piggies, Glass Onion, Rocky Raccoon, Long Long Long, Why Don’t We Do It In The Road
- 1968: George Harrison forms music publishing company Singsong Ltd
- 1964: Live: De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.